Monday, September 30, 2013

A+

In Argentina, it's normal to post everybody's grades online in a big list. There isn't any privacy for grades. I've been waiting for results from the midterm I took in my modern history class, and they posted grades during our spring break. At first when I saw this, I was shocked I got an A. I left 20% of the test blank...  But whatever, I got an A!! And so did almost everybody in the class... with a couple D's. The professor must have graded really easy if I did better than some of the local students. But wait... Argentina doesn't use the same grading scale as the US; here they use a 1 to 10 scale, and I needed a 6 to pass. "A" stands for "Aprobar" or "to pass" and "D" stands for "Desprobar" or  "to fail."  I was really excited for a minute there thinking I got an A. Oh well, at least I still passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment