Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Planning Problems

    This week I've spent a lot of time planning my spring break trip that is coming up in three weeks. Spring is arriving, which means its starting to warm up. We've already had done 75 degree days, so its going to be really hot in November. We get a week off of classes for spring break, just like in the states. Its been really stressful planning my trip because there are probably twenty of us who want to go to Iguazu falls, but its more ideal to travel in small groups, and we all want to do different things after the falls anyway. I've changed my plans so many times by now. I originally wanted to try to go to Uruguay, but this might need to happen another long weekend. Another option is Paraguay, which is right next to the Argentinian side of the falls. The main problem is that Brazil is in the way, which has a lot of restrictions for entrances for US citizens. You have to get a visa months in advance, and its way too late for that. I've been told many different facts regarding this, such as that you can enter Brazil without a visa if its less than for one day. This would enable us to see the Brazilian side of the falls. This information was from a guide book, but every tourist agency I've talked to says its not true. Maybe we can enter, but I'm not about to risk getting stuck in Brazil if I get caught without a visa. We thought about flying into Asuncion and busing to the Argentine side of the falls, but one tourist agency told me to get from Paraguay to Uruguay I would have to go through Brazil. Other people have said that's not true. And now I've heard you also need a visa to go to Paraguay. I also can't find much information about what to do in Paraguay because its not touristy at all. One thing about the travel agencies here, the only thing they can help people with is booking flights. They have no information about what to do in other places, what kind of excursions there are. I asked one lady to help me learn more about Paraguay, and she told me she would bring up Google to look. I told her to write down the flight times and left, I can look at Google on my own. With all the confusion about visas and such, I completely scratched that plan and came up with a new one.
     I booked my flight and bus fare today to Iguazu for three days, then I'll be taking a 20 bus ride to Salta, in the north west of Argentina, staying there for five days then busing home on another twenty hour bus ride Sunday night. I sure hope my motion sickness doesn't act up. I'll be traveling with 4 or 5 other girls, which will make it easier to travel in a small group. But the best part about all of this is that I will be spending my 21st birthday at Iguazu Falls, and it's going to be amazing no matter what we do that day! I'm so excited and relieved to have all my planning done for the trip, it will be a much needed break from class! (Since we've only been in classes a month so far!)

No comments:

Post a Comment