Thursday, August 8, 2013

Surviving Zonda

    In my opinion, the hype about this Zonda wind was a little 'blown' out of proportion. I did hear a lot of wind all through the night, but it wasn't worse than any wind I'd ever heard in Colorado. My family said they couldn't sleep very well with all the wind. My orientation that was scheduled for 10 the next morning got canceled, along with my classes for the afternoon. With nothing to do all day, and a little cautious to leave the house, I made good use of my netflix account in the morning. But I could only do this for so long and decided to brave the winds to meet some friends for cafe in the city. It was a little chilly out, cloudy, and no sun, but nowhere near dangerous or stormy. It wasn't even windy. It was a little dry, but not much more than normal. Mendoza is naturally a very dry place. I didn't feel any of the personality changes that Zonda apparently causes, and didn't have any cardio problems. I'm very surprised that it was such a big deal to the family and the program here.Two days after the Zonda hype, it actually rained here, which is confusing because I've been told it barely ever rains here, and I thought the Zonda was supposed to be a dry and hot wind, not rainy and cold. This has been a very strange weather phenomenon, mostly because of the anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment