Thursday, August 8, 2013

Park Work Outs

    Today I went to one of the free aerobics classes in the park with some friends. It was like zumba but with an Argentinian flare. The instructor is up on a stage with speakers playing remixed pop songs (a lot in English), and taught us multiple different routines that we put all together in a dance and repeated a bunch of times. After the zumba, she led a dance kickboxing class, so I got some good punching practice in for if I ever get mugged in the park. It was a little silly, but was fun to work out in a different way and warm up since today was so cold! The park offers work out classes every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, so I want to try to go to another and see how it is. Afterwords we went to a little cafe in the park to get drinks. Instead of my normal submarino, I tried a licuado, which is a fruit smoothie made with milk. The drinks are so good here, but also so small I get so sad when they are gone so fast!

1 comment: