Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Correr en el parque

    The past few mornings I've been running in the park next to my house and it's just such a beautiful place that I want to write about it. All these sweets and ice cream shops are keeping me really motivated to run every morning, so I've gotten up around 9 every day to run, and other students from the group have gone with me, which is even better motivation! I know 9 doesn't sound that early here, but when I get up, the house is silent and nobody else is awake. I've found a pretty good loop in the park to run for about an hour, and it is one of those interactive parks with work out stations, so we've stopped at these to do push ups, dips, abs, and pull ups (attempts). I really want to keep this up every morning. It's cold when I wake up, but it heats up fast and is the perfect temperature for running. I'm at about half the altitude here as at home, so I'm feeling great while running and can go much longer. I've got a great view of the mountains when I run, and my next goal is to get up to the mountains sometime soon. Some friends went yesterday, and I was so jealous I couldn't go with them. Maybe this weekend!
My view of the mountains and the empty lake

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have a place to run and good for you getting out there after all those late nights!
    Need some more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes more photos!!!! And good work on the pull ups... youll get em'

    ReplyDelete