Thursday, November 14, 2013

The start of finals

I had my first final exam tonight for my music class. It was supposed to be next Tuesday but got moved to this Thursday because of personal travel plans of the professor. Classes are ending quickly here. I'm never quite aware of the schedule for my classes at the local university; the last class for my history class was last Thursday, and I didn't even realize this until after class. We have a couple weeks to "study" before that final. And my finals for the classes I'm taking with the program are next week, both are presentations, and I'm not too worried. Today when I told my host family that I had a final tonight, they were shocked I was so calm about it and not madly studying. But my final for music was to write a four page essay in class over any Latin American music related topic we have covered. We'd already done two of these essays outside of class for homework, and we were allowed to use notes. So pretty much everybody picked the same topic, wrote notes down from wikipedia, and hopefully our essays will all be a little bit different. Our professor didn't even check our note sheets or anything. He just sat and read while we wrote. If only every final could be that easy... I wouldn't learn anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment